Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hey girls...well, thanks so much for a fabulous week last week! I enjoyed seeing all of you and getting your sweet emails....well, let me start by saying that last week was just very rough...let me tell ya...I didn't want to see the chic lil' shoppe close...but my doctor said that something had to go....so after some soul searching....I decided that it would be the shoppe instead of teaching...both things that I totally LOVE and am committed to...but in the end..it was teaching that I would choose...thinking that I could do everything else out of my home and then other windows began to open..people are so AWESOME and helpful....so my out of bizness sale commenced and ran through the week....and sales were great...that was fabulous! Thursday, I started to get that yucky cough..you know that one that sounds more like a barking rotweiller and not a cough....Friday it got worse..I felt terrible....I think that the culmination between me being so sick that I could barely breath and me closing the store made Friday one of the worst days of my life....I was sad...I cover it well though :) so....when Saturday came I woke up and looked in the mirror..pretty rested after having gone to bed at 7pm the night before..and thought to myself....today is the 6th anniversary of burying one of my very favorite persons, my PaPa Tom...and not today I am burying my store...ugh.....it was going to be a hard day..I could already tell, but something in me made me say...get over it ash...get your makeup on and get your butt down to that store..so I did....welllllllllllllllll...boy am I glad that I did!

One of my first customers was a CHIC lil' shopper/customer/class goer who was very sad about the store closing..she and I chatted and she bought lots of goodiez and said that her friend would be in later....and sure enough....her fabulous friend and her "faBuLoUs" lil' girl strolled in...after looking around this friend of mine asked why I was closing and I told her...and she then DROPPED THE BOMB ON ME and said...well, would you like to sell it?! I couldn't breathe let alone speak...I was SHOCKED and EXCITED and FLABERGHASTED! We chatted it up about the deal, then she left and went to a football game starring her awesome son...talked it over in the stands with her hubby, and her friend that had visited the store and they were game, she called me and we got the ball rolling....so it is ROLLING....

These girls are JUST SUPER!!! THey are very VERY creative...lots of the BOO BOOK ideas were that of those CHIC CHICKS..you think mine was cute..you SHOULD see THEiR'S! WOW! Ok...so they are really planning on opening before Christmas with lots of NEW gooDieZ...I am helping them with a totally SUPERB order guaranteed to knock your socks off! I will also still be able to keep my handpainted stuff in the store along with the invites....I think that the store is keeping the same name..so excited about that! The hours are going to extend! YEAH! Crops will increase :) yeah! These girls are going to do it up RIGHT..I PROMISE!

So I am SooOOOO excited for all of you at the same time..because I really think that a scrapbook store in Gainesville will work with different hours and lots of great new product! We were able to clear out a TON of paper and embellishments..so that is a great START for these girlz! I will fill y'all in with more details as I get em! Thanks for everything and listening to me babble! xoxo..ash

2 comments:

SonjaRod said...

Wonderful news Ash! I am soooo happy for you!

Unknown said...

How exciting! Glad to know the store will still be with us!